OLAP library Release Notes PivotData Documentation
Version 1.3.6 (latest) 2018 Apr 06
- added ModeAggregator to calculate value that appears most often.
- fixed PivotTable class issue with slow sub-totals calculation in some cases
- always use InvariantCulture for numbers parsing
Version 1.3.5 2018 Feb 26
- added QuantileAggregator to calculate specified quantile (median).
- added PivotData.LazyAdd property (affects behaviour when non-existing key is accessed) - added netstandard2.0 build
- efficient sub-totals calculation in PivotTable class (especially for large pivot tables)
- now PivotData class correctly loads PivotDataState which has duplicate key entries
Version 1.3.4 2017 Feb 01
- added SliceQuery.Measure overload that gives keys context for measure value calculation. Useful in cases when formula result depends on the key (for example, calculate yearly growth).
- added PivotData.ProcessData overload that can accept another IPivotData instance as input. Useful for multi-stage calculation when one pivot table is calculated by results of another one.
Version 1.3.3 2016 Oct 18
- added FormulaAggregator (based on CompositeAggregator) for on-the-fly formula calculations
- added SliceQuery.Measure overload for defining formula-based measure
- minor fix in MaxAggregator/MinAggregator Merge method (extra check for null)
Version 1.3.2 2016 Aug 14
- improved performance for SliceQuery.Where(string,object)
- now PivotDataState Serialize/Deserialize methods are available in netstandard1.5 build
- ListAggregator/ListAggregatorFactory can accept field name to collect field values instead of source objects
- now MinAggregator/MaxAggregator may be used with any IComparable values, not only with numeric types
Version 1.3.1 2016 Jul 05
- Fixed issue with incorrect grand-total non-lazy calculation for PivotData cube with exactly one dimension
- Improved internal performance for PivotData lazy totals calculation (1.5x)
- Drastically increased performance for PivotTable row/column totals calculation (10x+)
- Added build for .NET Standards 1.5 (now PivotData can be used from .NET Core 1.0 apps)
Version 1.3.0 2016 May 10
- Bugfix: PivotTable.PreserveGroupOrder works incorrectly for the last column/row.
- Added ListAggregatorFactory (ListAggregator) for accumulating all values from an input source (works like LINQ GroupBy).
- Added VarianceAggregatorFactory (VarianceAggregator) for calculating variance, standard deviation (stdev), sample variance and sample standard deviation.
- Added ObjectMember that simplifies processing of custom data models (typed collections).
- Added PivotDataHelper that provides utility methods for any IPivotData object: GetDimensionKeys and GetDimensionType.
- Improved ConvertHelper.ConvertToDecimal method (now it supports all primitive number types) and added ConvertHelper.ConvertToDouble method.
Version 1.2.6 2016 Feb 04
- introduced IPivotTable interface for alternative implementations/wrappers.
- Added PivotTable.GetValue(ValueKey row, ValueKey col) method for key-based access to pivot table values; this signature can be used for getting sub-total values.
- Added PivotTable.SortColumnKeysByRowKey and PivotTable.SortRowKeysByColumnKey methods for key-based sorting (useful for ordering by sub-total values).
Version 1.2.5 2016 Jan 13
- Fixed PivotTable issue when the same dimension is used for both rows and columns (should be diagonal matrix result).
- New IAggregator.AsComposite() extension method avoids boilerplate code (cast to CompositeAggregator) for accessing PivotData or PivotTable with several measures.
- Added QueryCube example that illustrates how to use SliceQuery to filter/slice/dice, define derived (calculated) dimensions and measures.
Version 1.2.4 2015 Dec 11
- Added PivotTable.PreserveGroupOrder option: when enabled sort by value reorders rows/columns only inside groups.
- now PivotData works in lazy totals mode by default (this is backward-compatible change)
- added SortAsComparer for defining explicit order of pivot table rows or columns
- fixed NaturalSortKeyComparer (exception when dimension contains mixed types). In this case it fallbacks to comparison of string equivalents.
- added NaturalSortKeyComparer.ReverseInstance
Version 1.2.3 2015 Sep 30
- moved SliceQuery from extensions (PivotData Toolkit) to NReco.PivotData assembly. SliceQuery can be used for querying data cube in linq-style.
- PivotTable class: added PivotData property for accessing underlying data cube, added SortRowKeys/SortColumnKeys overloads for specifying measure index (for pivot tables with several measures)
- Overloaded ToString in IAggregatorFactory implementations (used for getting human-readable measure names)
- now NReco.PivotData.dll is a signed (strongly named) assembly
Version 1.2.2 2015 July 27
- added PivotData.CopyTo for custom merge/slice cube operations
- added PivotTableMD class for creating n-dimensional (n>2) pivot table views
- added overloads for PivotData/PivotTable that accept custom comparers of dimension keys
- changed LazyTotals mode behaviour: now accessing grand-total value doesn't force calculation of all sub-totals (reason out-of-memory exception for large cubes)
- a lot of other minor changes/fixes
- introduced IPivotData interface
- improved PivotData performance and decreased memory consumption
Version 1.2.0 2015 May 26
- fixed issue with PivotData.Merge behavior (totals)
- fixed issue with PivotData.ProcessData in lazy totals mode
- added fast Serialize/Deserialize methods for PivotDataState
- added Slice method for PivotData (reduce dimensions / filter data)
- significantly improved performance and decreased memory consumption (Key class is no longer used for wrapping key objects)
- added CsvDemo example (aggregates data from csv file)
Version 1.1.0 2015 Apr 10
- dimension keys are sorted by default
- added lazy totals calculation mode
- added CompositeAggregator (enables ability to use several aggregators at once)
- now PivotData dimensions are determined by single key
- added PivotTable 2D view (slice) for PivotData. Supports: several dimensions for table rows/columns, sort row/columns by table values.
Version 1.0.1 2015 Mar 09
- added serializable PivotDataState + save/load routines
- added min/max aggregators (
Version 1.0.0 2015 Feb 11Initial PivotData library release. Implemented core features:
- optimized totals calculation in batch processing model
- merge operation for map/reduce usage scenario (parallel/distributed cube calculation)
- basic set of aggregators: avg, count, count uniq / list uniq