PDF-to-Image Renderer for .NET C# poppler (XPDF) wrapper
- C# component for rendering PDF pages to high-quality images (jpg, png, tiff): can be used for getting PDF thumbnails, viewing PDF documents in both ASP.NET and desktop apps.
- .NET wrapper for FREE poppler tools: XPDF successor, works WITHOUT Ghostscript or Adobe Reader.
- can scale to fit specified image size.
- No external dependencies: all you need is one assembly. Poppler binaries are embedded as archive and extracted automatically on first use.
Usage examples (C#):
- CreatePdfThumbnails: generates PDF thumbnails by PDF 1-st page, illustrates how to resize/scale rendering result to fit image size constraints (2 ways)
- PdfViewerMvc: ASP.NET PDF viewer - renders each page to image on the server side (user has no access to original PDF file)
NReco.PdfRenderer is a right choice!
download and pricing
NReco PdfRenderer trial pack
For evaluation and test purposes only
|Download for Free|
NReco PdfRenderer binary license pack
Includes: perpetual commercial license for redistribution and SaaS usage, license key, 1 year of email support and free package updates
|$99 - Order Now|
quick purchase process
- 1 Choose a package
- 2 Pay online
- 3 Download the package
how to use
- Add reference to NReco.PdfRenderer.dll assembly
OR install NReco.PdfRenderer nuget package
- Convert PDF to JPG with one line of C# code:
var pdfFile = "Sample1.pdf"; var pdfToImg = new NReco.PdfRenderer.PdfToImageConverter(); pdfToImg.ScaleTo = 200; // fit 200x200 box pdfToImg.GenerateImage( pdfFile, 1, ImageFormat.Jpeg, "Sample1.jpg" );
- That's all!
render PDF to image online
Get PDF page thumbnail
frequently asked questions
Internally PdfRenderer executes poppler tools as a separate programs (with System.Diagnostics.Process); poppler is licensed under GPL and it may be used/redistributed for free. According to GPL conditions, "aggregate" (usage and distribution of GPL-program when it is executed from another non-GPL program) is allowed. Note that if you're redistribute PdfRenderer as part of your product, you need to declare that it depends on poppler tools as separate program and include all notices required by GPL redistribution terms.
- render several pages (or all pages) with one pass
- get PDF information: total number of pages, title/author/page size etc
- render PDF to text for indexing purposes
- render PDF to HTML for web publishing
Nevertheless, it is possible to compile PdfRenderer for netstandard1.5 target and use it from .NET Core apps; in this case poppler binaries should be deployed/installed separately (for Ubuntu Linux:
sudo apt-get install -y poppler-utils).
If you interested in PdfRenderer usage with .NET Core please contact us.
Refund policy. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, within 30 days from the purchase date, we will fully refund the cost of your order.
Get Download Link
Please let us know where to send the download link for
Make sure your email address is correct and up-to-date.