Natural Language Query for .NET search-like interface in C#
features natural language interface c# library
- pure C# NLP NER library for .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono.
- fast and efficient rule-based named entity recognition engine: parses natural language query, performs matching and generates top-combinations in milliseconds.
- implements basic set of matchers for handling typical search queries
- handles relative date phrases like "yesterday", "last week", "last month", "last year", conditions "between", "more than", "less than", "age>18", ranges like "before", "after".
- supports matching in external indexes (like Lucene).
- synonyms for better recognition results and ontology matching.
- easy-to-use: includes a component that automatically configures recognizer by data table description.
- helps users to form a query with autocomplete suggestions
examples for typical usage scenarios
- NliDataFilter: natural language interface for SQL filter
- illustrates how to configure recognizers by data table schema
- scoring function for best matches
- generates SQL WHERE by recognition results
- useful for adding user-friendly filter to the data lists or grids
- NliPivotTable: search-based OLAP queries to PivotData in-memory data cube
- illustrates how to configure recognizers by PivotData object
- scoring function for best pivot table configuration
- generates PivotData SliceQuery by recognition results
- result is a PivotTable object that can be used for rendering crosstab report or pivot chart
download and pricing
NReco NLQuery Examples pack
Includes: NLQuery (trial), usage examples (c#, ASP.NET MVC).
NLQuery Standard License Pack
Includes: license key for NLQuery, per-developer commercial license (perpetual, royalty-free), 1 year subscription of email support and component updates
NLQuery SaaS License for 1-deployment
Includes: license key for NLQuery library, single-deployment license for usage in SaaS application (unlimited number of developers), 1 year of email support and component updates
|$299 - Order Now|
NLQuery Enterprise License
Custom licensing conditions. Possible options: unlimited number of developers for standard license, unlimited number of deployments for SaaS, OEM license, component source code, high-priority/live support,
quick purchase process
- 1 Choose a package
- 2 Pay online
- 3 Download the package
how to use
- Install NReco.NLQuery nuget package
- Configure a recognition engine (C#):
var tblMatchBuilder = new TableMatcherBuilder(); tblMatchBuilder.Add(tasksTableSchema); var recognizer = new Recognizer(tblMatchBuilder.Build());
- Parse user's search query:
var tokens = new Tokenizer().Parse("John closed tasks"); var searchQuery = new TokenSequence(tokens.ToArray()); recognizer.Recognize(searchQuery, matchesCombinationHandler);
matchesCombinationHandlerchoose best recognition with your scoring function and translate matches to formal query like SQL.
- Next steps:
Search-based Filter for Data List
Search-Driven Pivot Table Report Builder
Library is useful for: keyword-based filters for lists/grids, custom semantic search by database(s), search-driven analytics (reports by search), parse incoming messages by bots.
frequently asked questions
- in most cases natural language interfaces don't receive complete (and correct) natural language sentences: good examples are google search queries. NLI input is actually a set of interconnected keywords and phrases; words meaning may be very specific to the context of the search query.
- statistical parsers require training on a massive corpus of questions (queries) and desired recognition, and manual creation of such corpus for each database usually is unacceptable for number of reasons; this might be not possible at all if database content is unique for each user (for instance, in SaaS applications).
- when a database is changed, results may become unreliable without additional re-training. It's hard to incorporate special hints and formal expressions (say, field conditions) that are very desirable for NLI in the business applications.
NLQuery was specially designed for processing natural language queries in the context of tabular data (like database). It aims to be database-independent NLI that doesn't require any training; internally NLQuery mixes formal rule-based approach for named entity recognition by ontology information (database schema, unique values) with probability approach for getting the best formal result that matches a search query.
NLQuery usage or redistribution requires a commercial license:
- Standard per-developer license (perpetual, royalty-free).
All developers who are working on the project that uses NLQuery need to be licensed. It is possible to purchase a license for unlimited developers.
NOTE: this license cannot be used for SaaS applications.
- SaaS license (perpetual, per-deployment).
Anyone who works on the project may use NLQuery for the purpose of developing SaaS application. Each production deployment should have its own license. If you offer self-hosted (on-premise) version of SaaS application, each installation requires its own SaaS deployment license(s). It is possible to purchase SaaS license for unlimited deployments.
All commercial packages include 1 year subscription for email support (assistance in components usage, troubleshooting) and free component updates (including bug fixes and new features). Expired subscription can be renewed for +1 year with 50% of the full package price.
Refund policy. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, within 30 days from the purchase date, we will fully refund the cost of your order.
Get Download Link
Please let us know where to send the download link for
Make sure your email address is correct and up-to-date.
PivotData Toolkit for .NET.NET components for manipulating multidimensional dataset (in-memory data cube) without OLAP server, aggregating huge datasets, calculating data for pivot table / chart reports, ASP.NET pivot table builder control.