BI Toolkit Release Notes PivotData Documentation
Version 1.4.2 (latest) 2018 Aug 23
- fixed issue with
FixedPivotData.Count(always returns zero until first indexer access)
- do not lowercase keywords
- fixed issue with AND (+) filter by measures
- enable conditions (>, <, =) for dimensions if hint is provided
- fixed issue with index-out-of-range for filters like "aaa, +"
HeatmapPivotTable: added 2 new options for HeatmapMode "RowTotal" and "ColumnTotal"
- Added ToolkitElasticSearchSource example that illustrates how to use ElasticSearch index as a data source for pivot tables.
- ToolkitPivotBuilderMvc example changes:
ElasticSearchCube.cs(ElasticSearch connector for web pivot builder)
- now front-end widgets are fully compatible with jQuery 3.3 / select2 4.x
- now element selectors are configurable with options in webpivotbuilder.js
- fixed issue with horizontal bar charts in jquery.nrecopivotchart.js
Version 1.4.1 2018 Apr 12
PivotTableHtmlWriter: fixed incorrect groups rendering if more than 3 dimensions are selected for rows or columns.
PivotTableDataTableWriter: infer column type if possible to avoid object-type columns.
- correct filtering by empty keyword or when started/ended with space char.
- added ability to filter by measure value with syntax like "sum>20".
- now it is possible to resolve dimensions/measures by hints with custom handlers.
PivotDataFactory: new 'Quantile' and 'Mode' aggregators are registered by default.
- ToolkitPivotBuilderMvc example changes:
- jquery.nrecopivottable.js: now table fixed headers are based on position:sticky (gives perfect UX) with fallback to old scroll handler for browsers that don't support sticky.
- jquery.nrecopivottable.js: added
disableByAreaFactoroption for small screens (disables fixed headers mode if they take most table space determined by the specified factor value).
MdxAdomdCubeclass which connects to MS OLAP server and composes MDX dynamically.
- filter autocomplete switched to typeahead jQuery plugin.
- correct handling of drill-down when all dimensions already present in the report
- Added ToolkitAdomdSource example that illustrates how to use SSAS OLAP cube as a data source for pivot tables (based on Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient).
- Fixed issue with
HeatmapPivotTablein TRIAL mode (without license key).
- Updated NReco.PivotData.Extensions dependencies:
- netstandard2.0 build now uses official EPPlus v.4.5.1 nuget package
- netstandard1.5 build uses EPPlus.Core v.1.5.4 nuget package (as official EPPlus doesn't support netstandard1.5)
Version 1.4.0 2018 Jan 09
- Added ability to specify custom 'from value' provider in
CsvSourcenow uses own ultra-fast CSV parser instead of CSVHelper (3x times faster!)
PivotTableCsvWriternow uses own CSV writer instead of CSVHelper (no dependency on this lib any more)
- added support of sub-totals in
- added auto-fit columns heuristics in
PivotTableExcelWriterfor netstandard builds
- argument null exception
- incorrect work for tables with several values (aggregators)
CubeKeywordFilterlogic for "not" + non-existing keyword (filters everything)
- "ToolkitPivotBuilderMvc" example changes:
- added drill-down by click functionality (applies a filter + adds a dimension)
- empty chart bug fix in jquery.nrecoPivotChart.js
- minor CSS fixes for pivot table with fixed headers
Version 1.3.8 2017 Sep 25
PercentagePivotTable: calculate percentage even for negative base (like in Excel)
FixedPivotData: added ability to load sub-totals from state (use-case: result of SELECT .. WITH CUBE or MDX query)
PivotTableFactory: ignore incorrect measure index in "SortByValue"
CsvSource: correct handling of headers with control symbols (like new line)
- fixed issue with pivot table writers when CompositeAggregatorFactory is configured for one aggregator
Version 1.3.7 2017 Jul 26
- fixed incorrect difference percentage calculation in
DifferencePivotTable(now works like in Excel)
FixedPivotDatauses pregrouped totals if they are present in PivotDataState (the same behavior as in PivotData class)
GroupedSourceReadersupports all standard aggregator types (CountUnique, Variance etc)
- now it is possible to specify variance value mode (as 2nd parameter) for "Variance" aggregator in
Version 1.3.6 2017 Jun 26
- added RunningValuePivotTable wrapper: calculates running total (or running value for specified aggregator)
- added HeatmapPivotTable that highlights max values (HTML/Excel writers only)
- fixed issue with
PivotTableHtmlWriter(invalid character exception)
- fixed issue with
- fixed issue with
DifferencePivotTable(argument null exception)
- ToolkitPivotBuilderMvc example enhancements:
- fixed issue with fixed headers and mouse wheel (in smooth mode)
ICubeinterface to support dynamically calculated cubes
SqlCubethat aggregates SQL query results with
Version 1.3.5 2017 Mar 15
- fixed bug in PivotTableDataTableWriter (trial notice not removed even with valid key)
PivotTableDataTableWriternow derives from
PivotTableWriterBaseand supports totals row/column and grand total (configurable)
Version 1.3.4 2017 Feb 01
- added PivotTableHtmlWriter.SubtotalDimensions option (define which dimensions should have sub-totals)
- added PivotTableHtmlWriter.SubtotalKeySuffix option (localization of " Total" suffix added to sub-totals label)
- added new PivotTableHtmlWriter methods for advanced table cells formatting: OnWriteValueCell and OnWriteKeyCell
- fixed issues with TopPivotTable wrapper (exception when top limit is applied both on rows and columns, avoid adding of empty "other" groups)
Version 1.3.3 2016 Dec 02
- added JsonSource: use JSON data (file, REST API response) as input for PivotData.
- PivotTableHtmlWriter RepeatKeysInGroups and RepeatDuplicateKeysAcrossDimensions options now can be enabled for rows, columns or both.
- added RepeatKeysInGroups and RepeatDuplicateKeysAcrossDimensions properties to PivotTableExcelWriter (they have the same affect as in PivotTableHtmlWriter).
- added PivotTableHtmlWriter.AllowHtml option (allows usage of HTML tags in table labels or cell values; false by default)
- fixed PivotTableExcelWriter writer output when there are no dimensions for rows.
- ToolkitPivotReportMvc example enhancements:
- front-end code was reorganized into several reusable jQuery plugins to simplify integration
- added ability to save/load report state
SqlGroupByCubethat illustrates how to calculate cube by SQL data source with GROUP BY query
Version 1.3.2 2016 Oct 18
- added PaginatePivotTable wrapper: used for efficient pivot table pagination on the server-side + related internal changed
- added pagination support to front-end component (jquery.nrecopivottable.js) and ToolkitPivotReportMvc example
- added new PivotTableHtmlWriter option: RepeatKeysInGroups (prevents labels grouping; false by default)
- added new PivotTableHtmlWriter option: RepeatDuplicateKeysAcrossDimensions (prevents the same label merging across dimensions)
- added more formatting options to PivotTableCsvWriter / PivotTableExcelWriter
- GroupedSourceReader significant refactoring; some changes are NOT backward compatible.
- fixed FixedPivotData issue (ArgumentOutOfRange exception when PivotDataState contains only several values)
- fixed PivotTableDataTableWriter issue (appears when pivot table contains several measures)
Version 1.3.1 2016 Sep 16
- published NReco.PivotData.Extensions nuget package; it needs a license key to remove trial limitations
- CubeKeywordFilter enhancements: starts-with / ends-with syntax (*keyword, keyword*), dimension hints syntax (year:2015)
- PivotTableExcelWriter is now available in netstandard build (for .NET Core apps)
- added more formatting options to ExcelWriter and CsvWriter (FormatKey/FormatValue)
- fixed PivotTableJsonWriter JSON serialization issue (null and DBNull values)
- fixed PivotTableDataTableWriter nullreference exception when MinAggregator or MaxAggregator is used
Version 1.3.0 2016 Aug 14
- added .NET Core-compatible NReco.PivotData.Extensions build (netstandard1.5)
- added CubeKeywordFilter for simple keyword-based filtering
- PivotReportMvc example: added keyword-based filter (CubeKeywordFilter + Awesomplete integration)
- added PivotTableFactory.RegisterDimensionComparer (custom comparers for dimension keys)
- added TopPivotTable.IncludeOtherGroups option
- DifferencePivotTable wrapper for calculating difference between pivot table values
- formatting options for PivotTableJsonWriter (FormatKey, FormatValue, FormatMeasureHeader, FormatDimensionLabel)
- fixed PivotTableJsonWriter multiple aggregators bug
- fixed CsvSource issue (CSV headers with whitespaces)
Version 1.2.0 2016 Jun 03
- added TopPivotTable wrapper (limits pivot table by top N rows and/or columns)
- now PivotTableHtmlWriter can render dimension labels (for rows, columns, or both: controlled by RenderDimensionLabel property)
- added PivotTableHtmlWriter option that controls THEAD/TBODY rendering ( RenderTheadTbody property )
- added PercentagePivotTable.RoundDigits property
- enhanced CsvSource to support CSV files without headers (Headers property)
- MVC PivotReportMvc example enhancements:
- added pivot charts (ChartistJS + PivotTableJsonWriter output)
- pivot table js plugin: added fixed headers (freeze column/row headers) for large tables
- added simple dashboard example
- added new Toolkit package examples: ExcelPivotTable, DynamicListGrouping
- fixed issue with grand total rendering without columns (PivotTableHtmlWriter)
- fixed issue with rendering multiple measures in PivotTableDataTableWriter
Version 1.1.0 2016 Jun 03
- now all pivot table writers accept IPivotTable as input
- added PercentagePivotTable for calculating pivot table percentage values (by grand total, row total or column total).
- PivotTableHtmlWriter rendering logic was significantly refactored to support new sub-totals options: SubtotalColumns, SubtotalRows
- PivotReportMvc example enhancements:
- added option for calculating percentage values
- added options for row and column sub-totals
- added pivot chart vizualization: bar chart, stacked bar chart, horizontal bar chart, pie chart (Chartist JS library)
- added customized summary report sample with export to Excel and PDF
Version 1.0.2 2016 Jan 01
- added PivotTableJsonWriter (exports PivotTable object to JSON string)
- added PivotTableDataTableWriter (exports PivotTable object to DataTable)
- bugfixes, minor changes
Version 1.0.1 2015 Sep 30
- added more options for PivotTable writers (HTML/CSV/Excel)
- now all PivotTable writers support several measures (aggregators)
- added simple WebForms example that renders pivot table
- improved ToolkitPivotReportMvc example (data source selection, several measures support)
DataSetStarSchemaWriter(exports PivotData to DataSet with star schema)
- added ToolkitCreateOfflineCube example: export PivotData to offline AS cube (.cub file)
Version 1.0.0 2015 Jul 28
FixedPivotData: read-only in-memory data cube implementation with optimized memory consumption.
ToolkitSqlDbSourceexample (how to aggregate data from SQL database)
ToolkitPivotBuilderMvcexample (ASP.NET web pivot table builder)
- a lot of bugfixes and performance improvements
Version 0.7 2015 Jul 14
PivotTableFactory(creates PivotTable by dynamic configuration)
PivotTableCsvWriter(export PivotTable to CSV format)
PivotTableExcelWriter(export PivotTable to Excel file)
SliceQuery(implements OLAP operations 'slice and dice' for PivotData cube)
Version 0.6 2015 Jun 25
DbCommandSource(data source based on ADO.NET IDbCommand)
GroupedSourceReader(loads pre-grouped dataset into PivotData)
Version 0.5 2015 Jun 04
- render PivotTable object to HTML table
- PivotDataFactory (creates PivotData object by config)
- parsers and derived value handlers for input data source
- added CSV data source